Sunday, February 16, 2014

LIVE FIT TRAINER- Week 1


Week 1 COMPLETE. It's been a really great week. I have much to share. Are ya ready?? :)

Well, it started off a bit rough. I spent a bit of time watching the videos by Jamie Eason on the bodybuilding.com website. Obviously there is irony in this next pic.

M&M's as I watch video's about changing my habits. HA..well, we all have to start somewhere. At least it was a mini bag...?? yes??  YES! :)



Anywhoo, One thing I've learned with my years of weight loss efforts is that Planning is key to success ESPECIALLY at first. It just so happens that Jamie Eason agrees. She recommends taking one day to meal prep for the week. So that's what I did.

I started by making her Carrot Cake Protein Muffins (click link for Recipe)
These are super Delish! Only 93 calories, FULL of protein and a great snack that includes a serving of Vegetables because they are made with pureed carrots. I know, I know..when I read that on the recipe I thought..."EWWW nasty". BUT they are actually really tasty. I take these with me on the go in a baggie. They are the perfect portable snack.

Then I decided to make up lunches for myself for easy grab and eat. I know myself, and if I wait to make lunch when I'm hungry and in a hurry to eat I end up making a grilled cheese sandwich or a pb&j. This way, I have meals with protein, healthy starch AND veggies easily accessible in the frig. Lunch has seriously never been so easy.
To make meal prep easier, I just made extra items while making dinner. It worked our great, then I packaged up the extras.

I had some roast left over so I portioned that out as well. This way I had a little variety.

Dinner usually consists of some type of chicken..we like chicken at our house. My favorite this week was Parmesan baked chicken, spaghetti squash with cauliflower garlic cheesy bread. *YUM*


The workouts this week were WAY different than I'm used to.

WEIGHTS! Lots of WEIGHTS!

Let me be clear that I'm not a weight lifter. I'm a cardio girl. I get on the elliptical and go, I LOVE doing step classes and zumba. I can do cardio ALL day long no problem. Weights have been a different story this week.

But surprisingly, as hard as it was..I enjoyed it. I felt really accomplished after doing three reps with a heavier weight than I thought I could lift.

My body has mildly ached in area's I didn't even know had muscle. But it's been good.

I even had to go buy some snazzy weight lifting gloves to avoid more blisters. The first full day with weight machines and my hands were not feelin so hot. 
I feel pretty hard core with my lifting gloves...hopefully when this is all done I'll have the body to match. THAT would be AW-SOME sauce.

After my 4 workout days I am down 1.3lbs.

Unfortunately, Saturday and Sunday have not been great days of staying on track with my diet. I intended to, and I tried. But quite a few things came up that got me a bit off course. BUT that's ok. I'm starting fresh tomorrow(Monday) morning. Another week. Well, sort of. I'm heading to Mexico for a missions trip on Thursday. But I plan to stay on track til we leave.

So, over all. Loved Week 1. Stayed motivated all week and I'm feeling stronger.

1 down, 11 more to go. :)











No comments:

Post a Comment