Thursday, November 21, 2013

Dime Designed DIY- Goodwill Canvas Repurpose

So, This week I've been a crafting maniac. Literally have done about 5 projects. Which is AWESOME!  I guess this no Facebook thing really has benefits. You can click the link to read about that if you want.
But seriously I've had so much time to do things I love and that makes me feel great!!

Anywhoo, I want to share my latest project with you.

It's my....

GOOD WILL CANVAS REDO!!!

This is what they looked like before. I got these babies for $1.50 a pc at Goodwill (IheartGoodwill)

I obviously wasn't in love with these floral beauties, so I decided to try my hand at redoing them with one of my favorite products.

MODPODGE
If you've never used it and you're a crafter..you don't know what you're missing!

So, I grabbed my modpodge, my foam applicator, and some pages from an old book I got at a garage sale like 9 years ago and I went to work.


Following the directions on modpode I applied a thin layer to attach the papers. I ripped them and placed them in various directions.
Then I put a layer on top of each piece as well.

this is what it looked like after I was done. I applied another layer of Modpodge all over the top and sides to keep the papers securely in place.

LET DRY WELL!!!


then I grabbed some cute letters I bought from Micheals. I got a whole tablet full of die cut letters in one pack. 

The letters were not the color I needed to match our master bedroom which is where I planned to hang these. So I decided to use these as stencils.

I traced around each one with light pencil and used Painters Paint Markers from walmart. TO fill in the letters.


I continued on until they both were done!!!

Here's my final product!!!!!!





I love how these turned out. They will be perfect for our Master Bedroom.

I love that I only spent $1.50 a piece!!!


Stay tuned for more Dime Designed DIY ideas!!

Now that I'm facebook free. I'll be doing MUCH more. ;)

Happy Crafting










No comments:

Post a Comment