Tuesday, March 31, 2015

TRUST, FEAR and MOVING...

The cat is out of the bag, it's official, no turning back now. We announced on Sunday to our church family that our season of ministry there has ended and that after much prayer and fasting God is calling us to move to Missouri. 
This will be the third MAJOR move we've made to a different state in our short 10 years of marriage. Each move has been a step of faith and a decision to follow Gods voice of direction for our lives. Each opportunity has come with challenges and blessings and has been filled with learning experiences and wonderful friends. Each move has been a chance for God to show up and show off with how he choose to bless us. 
I remember when God first told us to leave the first place we were in Kansas, after the decision was made to be obedient and we finally went to bed, I lay in bed and cried and cried. I was excited and hopeful for the future, but my heart ached to leave. My heart mourned all that I felt like I was "losing". It was really hard.

You would think after three moves, three opportunities to say "yes" to God, and after Him providing three different times in wonderfully different ways, that it would somehow be easier. 

But it's not.

This decision to leave, has in some ways been just as hard as the first time we said, yes.

Different circumstances, different people, same excitement and SAME HEARTACHE of saying goodbye, and most of all same wondering how God will come through.

I know that my trust in God is deeper and stronger now than it was then. My love for God has certainly grown and I honestly can say that I COMPLETELY TRUST HIM with my life, my hearts longings and my family. 

But I'm human, and I not only have to fight the tendencies in my personality that question, but I have a very real enemy (satan) who would love nothing more than to make each experience a miserable one. His desire to keep us from saying yes to God and walking into what God has for us is REAL and it's BIG. He goes to war to persuade us against it..but thankfully GOD goes to war too...and all I have to do is focus on Him and stay in His presence and His Word and tuck myself up in the shelter of His wings during the battle.


If you know me well, you know I'm a planner. 

I'm a planner, who likes routine and is not a huge fan of change.

I'm a planner who likes routine and is not a huge fan of change, and I like to know what's going to happen and WHEN. 

So these situations go against the very fiber of my being.

I am NOT naturally adventurous.

I'm NOT naturally trusting and eager to change up my world.

I'm just not.

I think because we've done this before people get the impression that we LIKE it, and that it's EASY, or that we've somehow reached a level of spirituality that we just "transcend" from situation to situation. 

Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but it's not and I'm not. 

This is how it usually goes....

We seek God, We hear from God, We make a decision, and the battle begins... 

The battle of what if's..
The battle of how's..
The battle of, "oh crap we just quit a job that is very good to us financially"....
The battle of pain and doubt and LOTS OF CRYING.. ha

The battle is real my friends...it's real.

Matthew 6:20, 25-33 says

"Store your treasures in heaven where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal, wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.
v25, That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life- whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn't life more than food and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns. For your heavenly father feeds them. and aren't you far more valuable to him than they are? Can your worries add a single moment to your life? And why worry about your clothing, look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wild flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
Why why worry about these things, saying.What will we eat? what will we drink? what will we wear? These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly father already knows all your needs. Seek the kingdom of GOD above all else and live righteously and he will give you everything you need."


This scripture has been my life line during these times when I start to feel fearful about what we are giving up to follow God.  It's ok to be smart, it's ok to plan, it's ok to make money..but it's ALSO ok to take a huge step outside of all of that to say yes to God without having ANY details.

There is something so special that happens between you and God when you can put your entire life into his hands and say, I don't see the big picture yet, but I trust YOU. 

Even in the midst of fear, doubt and unknowing there is an amazing peace that comes over you.

I just want to encourage you friends. If you feel like God is asking you to make a big step of faith. DO IT! Even if you don't know how it will work. Even if it looks like it certainly WONT work. If it's God...just take that step and say yes.

Will everything work out exactly how you WANT it to? Probably not. Will it always feel like a shimmering dream come true.?? UM...no. ha

But when you walk in Gods plan for your life, whether that be with PLENTY or with LITTLE, you are in the very best place you could be.

You don't have to fear giving God your dreams and your desires. He is a loving Father and He won't let your life come crashing to the floor.

But here's the thing..even He does....You can trust that there is purpose for it in your life, and just like Joseph, he is using those circumstances to mold you and shape you for the greatness he has in store.

Don't fear Gods plan. Tuck yourself up under the shadow of His wing, and enjoy the ride. :-)

XOXO
Dayna


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart. So many moves here for me too and possibly still more to come. He is so good, and is always there for all of us. Love you friend even though we don't see each other much .

    ReplyDelete