Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Weight Loss Wednesday- Skinny Chinese Food



Well Howdy Friends,
I hope you've had a splendid week of weight loss success. 
I have done well this week, so HOORAY!

Every now and then I get a serious craving for chinese food!!
I LOVE chinese food. Panda Express and me are BFF'S which is possibly why I'm trying to lose weight. {ha}

Unfortunately for me and my chinese cravings, Chinese food is not weight loss friendly. So I decided to start trying to make some of my favorite dishes at home in hopes to not only save money but some calories. Or pts if you're a weight watcher.

So I present

 SKINNY SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN WITH CREAM CHEESE WON TONS

Here's what you'll need.

boneless, skinless chicken breasts(one per person depending on size)
brown rice
LA CHOY sweet and sour sauce
Won ton Wrappers (usually in the produce section)
Cream cheese ( I usually use low fat)
Broccoli
Fortune Cookies (opt)





First Cut up thawed chicken into small bit sized chunks. In a baking dish cover and coat with Sweet and sour sauce. Bake on 350 for 40ish minutes. or until cooked through.

Next take won ton wrappers and lay out on a cutting board with a small bowl of water.
Soften 1/2 a block of cream cheese(depending on how many you're making) and stir.

place 1/2tbsp of Cream cheese in the center of won ton wrapper, apply water to the edges of wrapper with finger and press it closed in a triangle shape.

Continue to do that til you have the desired won ton amount.

on a sprayed cookie sheet, BAKE on 350 for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.



Make your rice ( I use minute boil in a bag rice cause I'm all about easy..or as my daughter would say, Easy Peasey Lemon Squeezy) :)

I steamed some broccoli and VOILA! Chinese food!!


It's so yummy and satisfying, but it's also easy and lower in calories and pts than your local Chinese place.

Here's the breakdown

1/2 c rice
2 tbsp Sweet and sour sauce
4 oz chicken
1 cu broccoli
4 wrappers
2 tbsp low fat cream cheese
1 fortune cookie


517 Calories for the whole shebang!!! 

Or 14 PTs PLUS

14 pts may sound like a lot..and it is more than a typical dinner. BUT its less than going to a chinese restaurant for sure! So if you're craving chinese, this is the way to go. :)



Well there ya have it folks. A Yummy, EASY PEASEY way to make a Chinese favorite that wont wreck havoc on your weight loss efforts!


HAPPY EATING 
And may this week of weight loss be kind to us all! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment