Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Weight Loss Wednesday- Sweet Tooth and Comfort Food



Well, Welcome to another Weight Loss Wednesday. I hope the last week of your weight loss journey has been a productive and successful one!

Mine has been.....eh...ok. :) I restarted again on Monday..........always Monday. But in my defense we were out of town for three days visiting friends sooooo, I gave myself a pass to indulge a little.

I've been doing excellent in my food tracking this week. In spite of Parker (my almost one year old) having croup and feeling yucky..go ahead you can say it......*AHHHHHHH* :)

He's on meds and doing ok.

Today I woke up and knew it was going to be "THAT" day. You know what day I'm referring to, many of you also know the feeling of "THAT" day arriving. Yep, Aunt Flow came a knockin.

A usual day of dread, laced with a little bit of relief that I am not pregnant again! HA 
Don't judge, just bein real. Pregnancy and me are NOT friends. I love babies, just not pregnancy. It's like my body is allergic to it or something. Not a fun 9 months either time I did it. And all my friends who had to endure me while I was pregnant said....AMEN!

But ANYWHOO...


So, Aunt flow is visiting and Parker is still sick. What other options do I have but to sit at home and EAT right?!?

Well, sort of. 

Today is a day I want comfort food as I'm sure many of you do to. So I've compiled a little list of goodies that will help me and you get through this day.

#1 CHOCOLATE- I can hear the hallelujah chorus already.

My first thought is to run to the gas station and stock up on king size Heath bars. BUUUT, That would NOT be productive for my weight loss efforts OR my stomach. So, here is what I do to get by.



Nestle Toll House Semi Sweet Mini's are delish. 
1Tablespoon is only 70 calories and 2Points Plus if you're a weight watcher.

It doesn't sound like much. But once you put a whole tablespoon of these mini's in your hand it's very satisfying.


If Chocolate alone doesn't entice you and you're more of a PEANUT BUTTER Fan.
This next goodie is literally a GO TO in my house

#2 Chocolate/ Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter and Company 
DARK CHOCOLATE DREAMS Peanut Butter Spread

HOLLA! This stuff is AH-mazing

1Tablespoon is 85 Calories or 2.5Point Plus Values.

This stuff is rich and creamy and sooo good.
You can put it on a banana or eat it right off the spoon!! :)
I will say though that this does require some willpower to NOT go back for more, cause it will add up quickly. And no I don't say that from experience...ok who am I kidding Of COURSE I say that from experience. 
So, consider yourself warned. :)


#3 Is an all American Favorite
ICE CREAM!!


So, I present to you HEALTHY CHOICE GREEK FROZEN YOGURT.
I know, I know it's not the SAAAME as ice cream.

But your body will thank you later for training your taste buds to make the switch.
This stuff is really yummy. This is strawberry and very satisfying.
100 Calories for the container or 3PointsPlus Values.
Its cold, it's creamy, it's delightful!


ok and Last but not Least by far one of my FAVORITE Comfort Foods is....
Drum Roll Please....


#4. PIZZA

So, Pizza is also an american favorite. An Easy, Fast, Yummy Alternative to actually cooking dinner. :)

Of Course all of us Beautifully Messy Mommas cook dinner every night right? *Cough Cough*

This is my quick, low calorie alternative to running to the neighborhood pizza joint.

Ingredients

Flat out wraps ( I use Italian )
Pesto Sauce
Hunts, Pasta Sauce or Pizza Sauce
Mozzarella Cheese
Turkey Pepperoni
and Italian Seasoning

This is such a yummy and easy recipe.

Spread a thin layer of Pesto sauce on the flat out, cover with aprox 1/4 c of sauce.
Sprinkle on about 1/4c Cheese and spread out 17 Turkey Peperoni's
Sprinkle on Italian seasoning on top
and bake for about 15-20 minutes. 
Or until edges are brown and crispy.

*note, if you use too much sauce, it will be soggy in the center*


This is Aprox 400 Calories and Aprox 6 points plus values
FOR THE ENTIRE THING!! YEP, YOU GET TO EAT THE WHOLE THING!
Which always makes me excited. :)

AND it's very filling. You can pair it with a side salad if you still feel hungry.
It certainly satisfies the craving for pizza without the added calories and fat.


And it's actually quicker to make than getting in the car and driving to a pizza place.



I will be making these for dinner tonight! YUM! I'm excited.

Well, I hope these are helpful tips to indulging lightly in comfort foods on days when you just can't live without them!! May they assist you in your weight loss efforts this week!!

Happy Eating! 



No comments:

Post a Comment