Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Weight Loss Wednesday- Weight Watchers Snack Prep



Hello Friends, Welcome to another Weight Loss Wednesday

If you were with me last week you remember how last week I had fallen off the weight loss wagon and had made some pretty poor health choices.

I'm glad to report that even after an atrocious week of choices I was still down .4 oz on the scale!! That was a lucky break. I will not count on that being the case for next time, and YES there will be a "next time" because I know myself, and I know that every normal, LIVABLE weight loss journey includes splurges. If it doesn't it's a "diet" and it wont be something you stick with long term.

I was happy with being down .4oz


But Alas, with any fall comes the dusting yourself off and getting back on track part. So this week I'd like to share with you some of my Weight Watcher Snack ideas that help me stay on plan.

One of the easiest ways to be successful in your weight loss journey is to plan!

PLAN, PLAN, PLAN!

I'm a planner, so I actually enjoy this part. But if you're not a planner, know that this step may be painful but SOOO worth it.

If you have healthy snack options already cut and prepared, it's way easier to chose them when you're in a hungry moment. Don't wait til you're ravenously needing a snack to decide what you will eat. That never turns out well, TRUST ME {refer back to my frosting container and animal crackers from last week. ;) not good}

Weight Watchers has assigned a 0pp value to almost all fruits and vegetables. So, naturally these are a great choice for snacking as well as meals.

I have a confession to make, I'm not really a veggie lover!! {boo hiss} I know, I know. Veggies are great for your body and so low in sugars and carbs and high in nutrients. But I just can't get my taste buds to be excited about them most of the time. Ok, that's not totally true. I'm good at eating them with dinner, but not so much throughout the day for snacking.


These are the snacks I prepared for this week.


Celery Sticks cut SUPER THIN
Cucumbers
Cauliflower
Strawberries
Bartlett Pears {MY ABSOLUTE FAV}
Bananas
Apples
Romaine Hearts
Spinach Leaves
Iceberg Lettuce
Frigo Low Fat String Cheese {1pt per stick}
Boiled Eggs{2pt per egg}
Oscar Meyer Oven Roasted Turkey Rolls {1 roll=1pt}



At the beginning of the week, I wash and cut and arrange my foods so they are easily accessible to me.

I cut up half a head of Iceberg Lettuce, 1 large romaine heart stalk, and about 2 cups of Spinach leaves and toss in a bowl for easy grab salad greens. I can then add cauliflower, cucumbers, or whatever else I'd like to munch on. I find it's easier to eat salads often if they are ready to just add toppings.
{tip; put a paper towel in with your leafy greens. It absorbs the moisture and keeps your greens crisp and fresh longer. I usually put one paper towel under the greens and one on top.}

I leave half of the Iceberg head whole, so I can use the large lettuce leaves for wraps. I can throw in some cooked chicken or turkey and I have a satisfying lunch option.

Boiled eggs are a GREAT GO TO SNACK.
I boil up at least one egg per day. 
I peal a few and have them ready in baggies for easy grab and go.

This is great for if I'm heading to the gym and need to refuel afterwards. Eggs are high in protein and assist in rebuilding muscle after a workout so they are a great refueling snack
Grab a baggie and throw it in your purse and you're good to go!!

Be careful not to go crazy on eggs though to keep cholesterol under control. :)




Turkey Rolls are one of my other quick grab and go's from the frig.

I take a few moments to weigh out 2oz sections and roll them individually, and place them in a separate container. That way I know exactly how much I'm eating with the correct point count.

Again, having the protein helps sustain me and level out blood sugars from the fruit I eat throughout the day.



Fruits have a higher level of natural sugars then veggies to it's great to pair them with some source of protein.
Such as Natural PB
Boiled EGG
String Cheese
Turkey Roll

I LOVE eating a medium sized banana with 1tsp of natural pb. AND it's only 1pt!!!!!!!

Can't beat that.


CELERY, CUCUMBERS and Cauliflower

I will be honest, Not a huge fan of snacking on these, but when I cut them very thin it's much more tolerable, especially with a low fat dip. :)
I know some people frown on dips, but for me..spending one pt on a little bit of dip is worth it to get my taste buds used to eating veggies I normally wouldn't be interested in.



Having fresh fruits and washed and cut veggies readily available will make your snack choices much easier throughout the week!! 
I know it's a pain to do the prep-work. 
doing all of this took me about 30 minutes. Put on some music you love and a yummy smelling candle and take the time to do something that is good FOR YOU.

It's a pain, but it's worth it!

As you wash and chop and weigh, just remind yourself that you are making healthy choices so that YOU can be the BEST VERSION of yourself that you can be!!


YOU'RE WORTH IT!!!!!

Happy Eating, and may the weight loss odds be ever in your favor. ;) 








No comments:

Post a Comment