Monday, April 21, 2014

Healthy Lunch Meal Prep Week 2


Hey Guys, Hope the last post about meal prep was helpful and eliminated some of the anxiety that can come with trying to meal prep for the first time.

Today, I spent another hour meal prepping for the week. After my Easter indulgences yesterday, staying on track this week is really important!!

So here goes.


Healthy Lunch Meal Prep- Week 2


What you'll need

Bag of chicken breast
salad mix
squash
zucchini
Brown whole grain rice
Mrs Dash- ( I used original, fiesta lime and garlic herb)
Olive oil
and cottage cheese


Step 1- Defrost your chicken and cut into thin pieces. I filleted mine and cut into small chunks.
Brush lightly with olive oil, sprinkle on Mrs Dash seasoning of choice. I did two different flavors for the week.
Cook on 400 for Approx 25min or until done.
(TIP- wait to cook chicken til after you cook the veggies. This way you can be putting together your containers while the chicken cooks, since it takes longer.)

Step 2- Slice squash and Zucchini, lay on lined and sprayed baking sheet. Then spray a light coat of olive oil over top and sprinkle on seasonings.
Broil on the middle rack for approx 10 min until done to your liking. I don't like mine super mushy. So I don't cook mine very long. 


Step 3- While waiting for your veggies to cook. Go ahead and measure out your rice (1/2cup), your salad greens (2cups), and cottage cheese (1/2cup).
 And top your salad with whatever other veggies you'd like, I used cucumber slices and carrot shavings.


Step 4- Now that your veggies are done- go ahead and divide into 1cup portions and put into containers.
(other side note- I had left over green beans from last week..so I just added them to one of the containers)


Step 5- Now that your chicken is done. Weigh out into 4-6oz portions and place in containers.


While my chicken was cooking, I went ahead and cut up a cauliflower so I'd have veggies to snack on in between meals this week.

And Batta Bing Batta Boom- You're done and have lunches ready for the week ahead!!!


(Side Note- I didn't include the step of making your rice because I had a container of rice pre-made and in the frig. So you'll want to boil some rice at the beginning of the process.)

Like I've said before, meal prepping seems so hard and daunting. But it's really very simple. This process took me just under 1 hour from start to finish AND I played with my one year old during the process.

If you've ever said to yourself, "Man, I wish I could meal prep" I dare you to JUST DO IT!!! Give it a try and surprise yourself at just how easy it can be to stay on track with eating right throughout your week!!

Happy Eating! 

XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment