Wednesday, March 18, 2015

I lost my voice

Wow, it's been a LONG, LONG time since I've blogged. I could blame it on a million different things, having a baby, being busy, being a mom, wife, friend, daughter...any of the above. But the hard truth is this.....I LOST MY VOICE.

I did.

I lost it. I got to a point where I just felt dry, felt like I had nothing to say, felt like no one wanted or needed to listen. And maybe that's true, maybe no one needs to listen or wants to listen.
But for me, I have to write.
I love it, I love being open and vulnerable. I love stringing together words and thoughts that express my heart. For me, writing is therapy. A place to banter, a place to jump on my soap box, a place to share, express, and hopefully encourage, inspire or provoke some sort of thought or action from you the reader...my trusty two followers. (thanks mom and barb) ha

There was a point where I was all over the place, do I blog about life? weight loss? DIY? fashion? God? All of those things are a part of me, a part of my story. The truth is, I have a million and a half thoughts on any of those topics swirling around just about 24/7. I felt like I needed a niche. That in order to be a successful "blogger" I needed to appeal to the masses. I needed to share about something that people cared about that they needed. And in the midst of all those possibilities I seriously lost my voice, trying to focus on any one part of who I am just left me feeling blah, and I mean like, roll out of bed, no shower or bra all day type of blah. Like, spray me with fabreeze type of blah.
I just felt lost and unimportant and like I had NOTHING TO SAY. (which is funny, cause anyone who knows me, knows I have LOTS to say, about just about anything..ha I'm working on reeling that in a bit)


So, Here ya go. After at least a year of no voice. I have something to say.

I am ME. I'm quirky and opinionated and fun loving and weird. I like ice cream with my french fries and I used to bite my toenails ( I know gross). I love Jesus with all my heart and rely on Him daily to be a decent wife or mom or friend. I am passionate about the Word of God and the spiritual growth of the body of Christ. I LOVE to worship and be in the beautiful presence of the Holy Spirit and I LOVE LOVE LOVE helping lead people into that presence too. I love encouraging women, I love dancing, acting, singing, ZUMBA(ha). I craft and scrapbook and repurpose furniture.  I love exercise and healthy eating and I love donuts.

I'm a hot mess of contradictions and am absolutely far from perfect, but one thing is certain, I WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. If it's one word, or one song, one blog post, or one gigantic step of faith, I want someone to be inspired.

But here's the thing, even if no one is. I'm ok being me and celebrating who I am and not apologizing for it.  I don't care if I don't have a "niche", I don't care if I don't appeal to the masses, I don't care if I only have two followers forever, (hi mom and barb...again..haha)
I have to write, I have to sing, I have to share, I have to dance, I'll probably annoy, and maybe offend(not intentionally of course).

But I HAVE TO BE ME!!!

It's only in knowing who I am, that I can truly find my voice!! :-)

So, here's to many more blogs of me, being me.

TADA!!!!!!! AAAANNNNNDDDDD, CURTSY


XOXO-

Dayna

2 comments: